Why Local Searches Lead To More Customers
Every day people look for things nearby by doing local searches. These are searches aimed at finding things near their random location. This may include finding directions to a local shop/store, checking local hours of operation, or finding local stores that stock a product. Why local search optimization? Because it is the lifeblood of your business.
Our Local Search Services will put you on the map and build your business.
Finding Your Business
Consumers search with their location and proximity in mind
- 4 in 5 consumers use search engines to find local information.
- They search on smartphone and computer/tablet for: store address, business hours, product availability and directions.
Local searchers take action.
- 50% of consumers who conducted a local search on their smartphone visited a store within a day, and 34% who searched on computer/tablet did the same.
- Local searches lead to more purchases than non-local searches. 18% of local searches on smartphones lead to a purchase within a day vs. 7% of non-local searches.
Consumers prefer and act on location-based ads
- 4 in 5 consumers want ads customized to their city, zip code or immediate surroundings.
- More than 60% of consumers have used location information in ads. They say it’s important to have store address and phone number in ads on computer/tablet, and directions and the call button in ads on smartphone.
Why Local Marketing Matters By The Numbers
- 88% of smartphone users do local searches on a daily basis.
- 84% of computer/tablet users do local searches on a daily basis.
- 72% of consumers that did a local search visited a store within five miles.
- Search result information will send 70% of consumers to a physical store.
- 92% of searchers will pick businesses on the first page of local search results.
- 61% of mobile searchers are more likely to contact a local business if they have a mobile-friendly site.