If generating local customers is what you want to do then hands down there is really only one option for your blog post – Google Business Profile (formerly Google My Business). Committing to social media, blogging, content creation, etc. is time intensive (unless you are paying for likes, comments, followers, etc. – then it can be financially intensive too).
The profile has an option to post to your page (and if you have multiple locations you’ll need to paste to each location). There are some astounding benefits to posting these blogs on Google Business Profile.
Benefits of a Google Blog Post
- You can communicate with your customers (and potential customers) directly.
- Improve your customer experience with timely information.
- Ability to promote specials, events, products, news, sales, and other offers.
- Engagement through videos and photos.
- Create links back from Google to your website.
Tips and Tricks For a Google Blog Post
- Post with multiple pictures.
- Don’t post phone numbers (you can select this at the end).
- Use the “learn more” to create a link to a landing page specific to the update.
- Post a minimum of once a week – however, we recommend 2-3 times per week.
- Use your post on your website’s blog page – post on your website first for indexing.
- Make sure your post is high quality – avoid spelling errors, blathering, and use of characters.
- Be polite and keep it respectful – keep the language clean.
- Point to your site!
If you are good at posting and have positive reviews your post will have a higher chance of showing up in search results. i.e. if you are a paralegal in Orange County, CA and you post content such as, “what does a divorce paralegal do?” – you might just show up as a snippet when someone searches that phrase (or a close match).
How To Blog Post on Google
- Attract (Give a headline that will grab attention) – Your goal is to drive awareness of your brand and attract customers
- Engage (Answer a specific question that is common) – we use https://answerthepublic.com to generate a list of the most searched questions related to a topic. The goal is to pique someone’s interest and show them you are the authority (the goal here is a click or call – something where you can get some information about them). We suggest a high-quality landing page or a phone number.
- Delight (Win customers over and keep them happy!). It is five times more expensive to get a new customer than to retain a current one. So, reflect positivity to your customers.
- Post a short version of the post on Social Media (again directing to the landing page).
If you are very committed to posting – do so every day. Creating content is one of the absolute best things you can develop your brand as an authority. It’s exactly what we do for our clients.
For more information connect with Local Search Partners!