What Is Local Marketing?
Local marketing is an essential marketing strategy for small businesses. It can get your business brand in front of a local audience that is currently searching for a business like yours. In search, algorithms target an audience based in the same city or service area as your business. Google Business Profile, Apple Maps, Bing, Yelp, etc. will target people within a certain radius of your physical location – generally based on a reasonable driving distance – who are searching for products and services you sell, who express an interest in doing business with you.
“Most businesses fail in their local marketing immediately by not performing local SEO optimization. They will often go too broad or too narrow and are fortunate to capture 50% of the searches. We open the doors to deliver more customers to drive your revenue.”
– Steven Lockhart
Co-Founder, Local Search Partners
What Businesses Benefit From Local Marketing?
Nearly all businesses can benefit from the local marketing that Local Search Partners provides, but there are some types of businesses for which our local marketing is a must. Restaurants are a great example because they have physical locations, which offer dine-in, takeout, or delivery services. These locations are usually permanent, as well.
Local stores are another good example of a business that needs local search marketing. Even small e-commerce stores can benefit if done correctly. Local marketing generates foot traffic AND brand awareness. Small businesses can compete against large chains and dominate!
Professional services like lawyers, physicians, accountants, paralegals, and financial advisors should employ a local marketing strategy. It is critical for professionals to connect with a largely local audience.
Businesses with multiple locations receive an extra benefit as Google loves brands. Having 3, 4, 5, or more locations and you definitely are able to rank organically in the #1 position for your metropolitan area. Even outranking larger national companies.
View our blog for more local marketing information.
Local Marketing By The Numbers
Here is the math to prove local marketing works.
1. 60+ Billion searches on Google every month in the US.
– Google owns 87% of the US Search Market
2. 28+ Billion monthly searches for local products and services.
– 3 seconds to make a good first impression
3. 97% of consumers say a positive rating is the first criteria for deciding who to do business with.
4. 92% of consumers hesitate to buy from a business without reviews
5. 270% increase in conversions if a business has positive reviews.
6. 75% of consumers trust a business after seeing a positive review.
7. 94% of consumers refuse to patronize a business because of negative reviews.
8. 84% of people trust online reviews as much as they trust recommendations from friends.
9. 31% increased spending by consumers in businesses with excellent reviews.
10. 61% of consumers read restaurant reviews, the highest of all categories.